Tuesday, April 29, 2014

three months here and gone

i woke up at 6 this morning to the sound of a choir of African birds singing in the tree outside my bedroom window. my body feeling totally rested and my heart completely full. i stepped out of bed and it hit me.


has it already been three months?


feels like it's been forever. 


and at the same time, feels like it's been only a few weeks. 


when i signed up for HEAL Ministires, i thought "okay, to test and see if long-term missions is really what i'm after, i'm gonna try three months." thinking that might be too long.


to tell you all the truth, it was definitely not long enough.


i could live here. 


here - being Jinja, Ethiopia, wherever the Lord calls me.
because this life is not my own - it all belongs to Him.


my heart holds a spot for the James Place and those here. i love this place!



praying that it is God's will that i return next summer - there is no way i can stay away now!


a huge THANK YOU to each and every one of you who supports me through financial aid, prayers, work, reading my blog and telling others about what God is doing in my life!
with a heavy (but excited) heart and tears in my eyes, i am leaving the James Place in about two hours.....
better run now and play with all my kids one last time!







1 comment:

  1. Hey Adeline!
    I just want to say, I have enjoyed watching your journey Africa through Instagram! My heart is drawn to Africa as well. I am really interested in how you got into it all! I was wondering if you would be interested in guest posting on one of my blogs (http://discovergurls.blogspot.com) and sharing your adventure? If you are interested, would you mind emailing me @ gymcatgurl@gmail.com
    Thanks so much! Morg

    ReplyDelete