Wednesday, April 16, 2014

strange days are the best days

so today was not your typical at-the-James-Place kind of day....
i woke up and threw up - my third time being sick here and let me tell you, being sick in Africa is definitely not the same as being sick in America. when you're nauseous and feeling feverish, zero air conditioning does not help your case. i wanted so badly to curl up in my own bed at home and just cry! sorry, i'm a baby when it comes to throwing up. but i prayed my way through the morning and by nine oclock i was feeling AOK - praise the Lord!
i walked downstairs to the sound of screaming, crying children - my preschool class was standing outside, all huddled together in fear. there appeared to be inch worms raining from the sky - turns out there were. i'm talking hundreds and hundreds of these little guys attached to their silk web strings floating everywhere. the pictures do not do them justice. they were in my hair, in my shirt - i even found one in my mouth! ew!


we had to evacuate the Gecko House and take naps on the front porch of the preschool building- but the kids thought it was an adventure, so that worked out well... 




and then the exterminator came and all was well again.


during daycare, Trey's two large guard dogs got loose from their pen - and that completely sent the kids over the edge. i think they've had their scares in for the whole year!
the most evil red and black ant i've ever met bit me on my foot. 
half of the kids in the daycare program susu (went to the bathroom) in their pants. 
it did not rain at all (which is bizarre for rainy season here). 
and i about jumped out of my skin when i walked into the bathroom to wash my hands....


so even though today was somewhat of a strange day, it was one of the best days. through the struggles and the quirks, we could laugh and praise God together as a family. so i guess you could say, strange days - are the best days!




No comments:

Post a Comment