Wednesday, April 16, 2014

many mothers and grandmothers

that song we just sang – what was it about? -me
we were singing “what makes us most happy….
that we will one day all be together again in heaven” -Moreen


being a part of the Bible studies with the women of Masese has been a huge, unexpected blessing during my time here in Jinja. i knew for a fact that my heart would become attached to the children – as it is – but i had no idea God would build such strong friendships between me and the women in HEAL’s program. the way they have welcomed me into their Bible studies, sewing and craft classes and treat me as a family member amazes me and makes me feel so loved. 
i was telling my sister the other day over skype – I now have many mothers and grandmothers who live in Masese! i have had the privilege of hearing a few of their testimonies – and WOW – God has brought them so far and continues to bless them. it’s such a joy to share with each other – all of the good times and the struggles – and hearing repeatedly how God has been there for us every step of the way. you know that you're really comfortable with somebody when you can cry in front of them and then end the conversation in laughter! 
the thing that makes my new friends so special is their love for our Father. He is their rock, their provider, their everything – and this is lived out every day. i love the way they are hungry for the Word of God - these ladies inspire me and make me crave reading His Word - never before have I been so excited to study the Bible!
these dear women have invited me to spend Easter with them, and i couldn't be more excited! would not want to spend Jesus's resurrection day with anybody else! 




No comments:

Post a Comment