Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter Sunday

Easter was so different this year - but SO GOOD!
i woke up singing "Christ Is Risen" and made myself a chocolate chip pancake.
those lyrics "oh death, where is your sting? oh hell, where is your victory?" reassure me of my mom and her resurrection into heaven - that death HAS NOT won and Christ has WON the victory!!! praise the Lord!
spent some time picking out and putting together church outfits with my roommate, Sandra - which totally reminded me of my mom and how much she enjoyed doing that every Sunday morning with me and my sis!


i walked downstairs and left with Juliana for church. 


we both rode on the same bota (our first time trying this) and that was quite the adventure. the bota driver was practically sitting on my lap. we made it to the church and were greeted by several of the women in HEAL's Bible study program. what a joy to see them on Easter! they were all dressed to the nines in their traditional Ugandan dresses - so smart!


the sermon was focused on Jesus's resurrection - and how we have that same power inside us - the power to resurrect from the dead and ascend into heaven to live forever with God! another reminder of where my mom is.
after church service, i followed the women in my Bible study and walked with them to Masese, where we were again warmly welcomed! 



Juliana and i sat in one of the women's houses and ate an Easter feast of beef, rice, matooke, potatoes, kale and two sodas each. 



when it was time to pass out some Easter candy, i couldn't even eat one - i was too full from the meal! loved passing out chocolates to each of the kids around me - gift giving is definitely my love language. and my friends know this - they showered me with magazine bead jewelry they had made for me!
we all sat around for hours and hours, just talking and sharing what Jesus means to us and how He has changed our lives.


can i just say that i am beyond grateful for and blessed by these women of God who encourage and inspire me daily?!


on our way back, Juliana and i rode the bus half way and walked the rest of the way back home. getting to talk more with her and breathe in the fresh air was amazing. Jinja is so beautiful!


we finished the day with some fresh-made chips (fries) and watched half of The Sound of Music (the t.v. displayed "the end" in the middle of the movie - what?!).
it was indeed a good Easter - mostly because of Jesus and the truth that He is RISEN, He is ALIVE!

"and looking up, they saw that the stone had been rolled back- it was very large. and entering the tomb, they saw a man sitting on the right side, dressed in a white robe, and they were alarmed. and he said to them, "do not be alarmed. you seek Jesus of Nazareth, who was crucified. He is risen; He is not here. see the place where they had laid Him"...."

happy Easter Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment