Friday, March 14, 2014

under the weather


under the weather today - in two ways!! i woke up with a piercing headache and feeling really nauseous. if you know me, you know that there is nothing i hate more than throwing up!! i tried my best to talk myself out of being sick and continued with my morning routine - made my bed, got dressed, drank some coffee and ate some granola, made a lesson plan for my class and began cutting out yellow cunstruction paper sunshines for the class craft. 
and then it hit me. 
if i ever get a parasite, i pray it isnt worse than what i experienced this morning....thought i would never leave the toilet! then i had to rush upstairs to kneel at yet another potty and threw up my breakfast. yay. 
i havent thrown up in so long - really i almost started crying. tried not to be dramatic but i hate throwing up!!! 
Trey said i could take the day off and try to knock out the sickness with sleep. 
i was almost asleep when Jackie and Jennifer (two of the staff members and two of my sweetest friends) came into my room and knelt beside my bed and prayed healing over me. 
a few hours passed, and i woke feeling refreshed and not nauseous at all - PRAISE THE LORD!!!
went outside and got completely soaked by the rain walking to the gecko house (pictured above) where the little heads of my class popped up and they all shouted in unison, "Auntie Adi! look! it's our Auntie Adi!!!" and well that just melted my heart. 
now it's evening time and it's still raining...but that's okay! im well again and blessed beyond what i can say! 

No comments:

Post a Comment