Tuesday, March 11, 2014

a dream

"you know what i wish?" asked Juliana (the head of the staff here at the James' Place) "i wish you can stay the whole year here - that would be wonderful - teaching these children. they are learning so much. even after they leave the preschool, they are singing the songs you teach them and remembering the things you tell them. they are learning a great deal from you, Adi." 
it blows me away that the Lord has people say things like this at just the right times. 
today was just one of those days - the Bible story wasn't getting through to my class, the craft was one big gluey, sticky mess, the kids wouldn't sing along to our songs. i was feeling discouraged and like nothing was going right.
then Juliana says this to me and it brought a smile to my face.
i LOVE teaching. and whether it's a good day or a bad day, i am encouraged and excited for the next day and what it brings.
there is a dream i have tucked away in the back of my mind - and it's making its way to my heart. 
i can see myself starting a school here (in Africa). a school that focuses on education through the joy of Jesus. i want to see more kids here being taught that way.
my class is absorbing so much through creative learning...
writing A through Z, play-pretending our way through Bible stories, using flashcards for shapes and numbers, many a craft project, etc, etc, etc.....




































1 comment: