Friday, March 7, 2014

my favorite time of the day!

there are so many parts that make up a day here at the James' Place....
i think that my favorite of all is right after we feed the kids their lunch-
we pull out the straw mats and bright colored wash tubs and place them on the grass under the hot, hot sun....then one by one, the littles get undressed and covered in soapy water- sometimes they laugh, sometimes they scream!


either way, it's my favorite time of the day- it's just a beautiful thing to bathe these precious babies- to see their dirty little hands and faces gleam with water and oil and to get to dress them into fresh changes of clothes. 
then i get the priveledge to carry each and every one to the Gecko House (the house on the compound where they take naps)! somedays it's so hot out, i am completely off balance and nearly trip carrying the kids. sometimes my arms feel like they're growing a few new muscles!
but getting the chance to hold each child, sing a little song or simply say "auntie Adi loves you so much" means the world to me. 
yes, this is my favorite time of the day!





No comments:

Post a Comment