Monday, January 6, 2014

Sululta

we spent most of our day at the Hope for the Hopeless Salulta location- one of my favorite places on earth. 
my heart goes out to all the kids involved at H4H....they knew me and my team mates by name, so eager to just chit chat in the few words we know of each others languages. 
Eyob was there, and it was so good getting to spend almost a whole day with him. 

we all played soccer (yes, even me for a bit) and running games. the H4H chior sang the most adorable Christmas song for the team...



and we ate a delicious meal of ox meat and injera. funny, because when we were here the other day, we saw the ox walking around in the compound...today he was our dinner.



Ordinary Hero had gathered together a new backpack filled with clothes and school supplies for every kid in H4H...we passed those out and then prayed for them. then they prayed over us. 




there is nothing i hate more than goodbyes. 
i hugged them all and hurried into the van. Eyob came over to the open window next to me and we prayed for each other. it was such a powerful moment. everyone was in tears when we left Sululta...there is no doubt in my mind that i will be coming back. 





No comments:

Post a Comment