Saturday, January 4, 2014

back on the mountain


today we traveled back to Entoto Mountain, where we visited mothers, grandmothers and so many children. i find it amazing that those kids i saw just a few days ago, remember my name and are beyond thrilled to see me again. my heart goes out to these families...they are more destitute than those living in Korah (because at least the Korah community has the trash-dump to go to for food)...we passed out small bags filled with injera and i visited with several grandmothers with small children. a young girl who was holding my hand acted as my translator- surprisingly, she knew quite a bit of English. being able to ask questions and hear these women's stories was so amazing. listening to them share how they care for their grand children and great nieces and nephews was incredible. these people are filled with so much love and compassion. 












No comments:

Post a Comment