Sunday, July 21, 2013

Eyob


meet my brother, Eyob. he held my hand the entire time i was at the Hope for the Hopeless drop-in shelter. he is ten years old, he wants to be a scientist, his favorite color is green, his favorite Bible story is David and Goliath, his favorite chapter, Psalm 103. he has no parents and one older sister who is married and lives in the country side. we sat there on his bed and he gave me a bracelet and said, "for my sister" as he put it around my wrist. then he let me pick out my favorite picture he drew from a notebook filled with drawings. when it was time for our team to leave, Eyob begged me to take him with me. saying goodbye to this boy broke me....he has my heart. 








i don't know why, but there is something about this kid that has me praying for him  every single day. God sets certain people on our hearts, and Eyob is one of those people to me. 



No comments:

Post a Comment