Monday, February 17, 2014

giving this to God

lately i have been feeling discouraged and confused and cannot pinpoint an exact reason as to why i feel this way. all i know, is that my heart is feeling torn in several very different directions - back to all my friends in Ethiopia, to those i love in TN and now, here with the people in Jinja. the thought of where i am supposed to go next has been burning in my mind and has me stressing about my future. what next? what should i do? should i go to school? do i need more experience with teaching? what about this summer...what are my plans? where will i be years from now? 
all these questions i havent one answer to - and i am now realizing - that is okay! 
God is slowly but surely teaching me to let go of everything and cling to Him. to hold onto His promises. to trust in Him and His plans for my life. to live in the here and now! 
this is it - teaching in Jinja, Uganda! building and investing in friendships in this place. right here, right now. 
i realize now that from the moment i stepped off that plane in Uganda, the enemy has been seeking to distract and discourage me from doing what God has me here to do. to keep me from serving and loving with a full heart. 
in Jesus, my eyes have been opened, my spirit renewed. i am giving this (my present and future) to Him. and may whatever He has in store for me build His kingdom and bring glory to His GREAT name!!!  
please continue lifting me up in your prayers daily......the Lord is at work in this place and the spiritual warfare is real. 





No comments:

Post a Comment