Saturday, December 7, 2013

to love Africa like my mom did


lately i've been missing my mom, words can hardly say how much. i miss her smile, her spunk, her voice. some days i only want to talk with her- she understood me on a level only a mother could. 
last night i had a dream, and like most of my dreams, this one was so vivid. i was in Africa, surrounded by hundreds of beautiful, brown children, all wanting to hold my hand and braid my hair. their eyes were so bright and smiles contageous. in this dream, i had to catch my breath when i realized that, kneeling on the ground right next to me, was my mom. she was holding a baby and laughing with pure joy as she held her hand out to the other kids around us. she glanced at me, smiling, saying nothing. but she didnt have to- there was a look in her eyes, the same look she would have when talking about Ethiopia. 
this dream was given to me by God. 
and it sparked memories of my mother and how she loved Africa. how she loved the culture and language, how she adored caring for the children in the orphanages, how adoption was laid on her heart. 
my mom and i shared the same passion for Africa. and i cant help but believe that she is a huge reason why i am pursuing missions. 
and i am thankful and humbled, that the Lord would place this desire in me to love Africa like my mother did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment